Important Things to Know
- A face mask can never substitute social distancing. You need to wear a mask while adhering to the necessary SOPs and keep a distance from people when you are out.
- It is extremely important that your mask must fully cover the mouth and nose and fits you snugly against the side gaps of the face.
- Mask must be on any time you are travel on a bus, plane, train, or are taking other public transit means. Keeping yourself and others safe is key.
- It is crucial for ages 2 and older to masks in public settings or when around people who do not live with you.
- Wearing a mask inside the home if someone in your house is sick is also very important. Even if you are okay, you could give the virus to others when you go out.
- Wash hands with soap or use a hand sanitizer after you touch or remove a mask.
Considerations for Fabric Masks
- Fabric masks need to be made of three layers of fabric and have an inner layer of absorbent material like cotton. The middle layer must be of non-woven and non-absorbent material like polypropylene. Its outer layer should be of non-absorbent stuff like polyester or a polyester blend.
- If you purchase a fabric mask from a shop, ensure it meets the national performance criteria. You can check out WHO’s video about fabric mask composition to get more information.
With COVID, times are tough so strive to be more responsible and ensure you are doing everything to not participate in spreading the virus. Hopefully, the mask wearing considerations we mentioned above will help guide you better on how and when to wear a mask.